Green Cards QBE


With continued Brexit uncertainty there is still a possibility the UK leaves the EU without an agreement in place. In this case motorists will be required to carry a physical Green Card certificate for international travel between the UK and the European Economic Area to show that the motorist has the necessary minimum motor insurance cover for driving in the country being travelled to.

Given these uncertainties, QBE recommend the following steps to ensure continuity of cover and legal compliance:
• Make sure you know the Green Card requirements and are prepared to apply in advance should the UK exit the EU without a deal in place.
• Inform your broker as soon as possible if you or your company plan to travel to the EU from the UK during the period directly following 29 March 2019 and obtain your Green Card in advance of the journey.
• Take a physical copy of the Green Card with you for travel into the EU, if the new requirements are put into place.
• Be aware that international driving licenses could be required for drivers travelling to the EU in the future.
• Speak with your broker about any concerns regarding how possible changes could affect your specific insurance needs and risk profile.

QBE have written a very informative piece about Brexit uncertainty and the motor industry if you would like to read a little more click here.

Latest tweet